The AVG-50 works with SD analog composite video and generates standard SMPTE VITC time code and inserts it into the first few lines of active video rather than into the vertical interval where normal VITC is located. This allows the VITC time code to be recorded on various digital video recorders that record the picture content but do not record the actual vertical interval portion of the video signal and in this way allows you to use these digital video recorders to record high quality video and VITC time code.
Because the VITC time code is on the first few lines of active video it is not easily noticed on many standard video monitors or television receivers and because it's in the active picture part of the video signal it also does not get removed by time base correctors, frame stores, and most other downstream video processing equipment.
- Generates standard SMPTE format VITC time code.
- Also reads and translates SMPTE LTC time code input into VITC time code.
- Available in NTSC RS-170A or PAL 625/50 models.
- Select from NTSC active video line pairs 21/22, 22/23, 23/24, or 24/25 to insert VITC time code or from line pairs 13/15 or 16/18 for normal VITC location.
- Select from PAL active video line pairs 22/23, 23/24, 24/25, or 25/26, to insert VITC time code or from line pairs 13/15 or 16/18 for normal VITC location.
- Keys out and removes incoming video on lines selected for VITC insertion.
- Controls for line selection, time code/user bit preset, and window display ON/OFF.
- Rugged aluminum desktop enclosure measures 2" high, 4"long, 3"wide.
- Also available in standard 19" Rackmount and Horita 7.5" "Short Rack" packages.