The HORITA KCT-50 is a stand alone video character generator that works with a standard PS2- type PC keyboard to add titles and captions to your SD NTSC RS-170A/PAL 625/50 analog composite video. The KCT-50 can add up to nine lines of 20 characters each, and the best part is no PC or PC software is required! In addition, the KCT-50 also includes a battery backed up clock/calendar which can overlay your video with a variety of formats of time and date displays to accompany the text.
Because the KCT-50 has its own built-in text editor that performs the common typing operations of insert, delete, backspace, home, end, etc., you can quickly add source ID information, title or caption experiments, identify security locations, and perform similar titling/captioning tasks.
Up to 25 KCT-50s can be connected together and addressed and controlled from a single PC keyboard*. The KCT-50 can also be controlled from front panel switches. Each KCT-50 maintains 2 separate setup and display screens which can be selected via the keyboard.
- Built-in text editor commands include insert, delete, backspace, page up, page down, home, end, etc.
- Adjustable character attributes for horizontal and vertical size and position, black/white, mask on/off, contrast, etc.
- Separate setup screens for Display, System, Time, and Date.
- "Line numbers" on/off numbers the display lines for quick visual reference in locating text position.
- 36 time display formats, 60 date display formats, including day-of-week displays.
- "Split-Screen" vertical mode places the first 5 lines at the top and the last 4 lines at the bottom of the display. Quickly and easily user adjustable to move titles out of the way of the action.
- Rugged aluminum desktop enclosure measures 1.75"high, 4.7"long, 3.8"wide.
- Also available in standard 19" Rackmount and Horita 7.5" "Short Rack" packages.