The MTD-100 is a studio time/date display which reads SMPTE time code and provides either hours, minutes, and seconds time readout, or month, day, and year date readout.
The MTD-100 is an ideal display device for use with the HORITA GPS-MTG2 master SMPTE time code generator or the GPS based Horita UTG-50 Universal Time Code Generator. The time comes from the time code "time" value, while the date and time zone come from the "user bit" data portion of the SMPTE time code input.
- Time display format can be 12 hour AM/PM with four (10:15 P), or six (10:15:06 P) digits, or 24 hour military style with six digits (22:15:26).
- Date display can be set to month/day/year (10-29-93), or day/month/year (29-10-93).
- Display can also be set to alternate between time and date once per second.
- Time zone switch permits changing the time zone to cause the MTD to display the local time and date of other geographical areas anywhere on the globe.
- Time and date display format selections are retained in non-volatile memory.
- Six digit 7-segment LED display with .8" high red characters provides good visibility and legibility from across a room.
- Brightness control permits adjusting display intensity for indoor use in a darkened room or outdoor use in bright light.
- Outputs 2V P-P reshaped SMPTE time code for passing on to other units.
- Operates from 9 volts DC. Supplied with an AC adapter or can operate from a single 9V battery.
- Rugged anodized aluminum desktop sized enclosure measures 1.5"H x 8.5"W x 3.25"D, and can be rack or wall mounted by using an appropriate adapter kit.