The TCI-50 provides time code and user bit data to systems that use RS-422 controlled playback devices that do not have built-in SMPTE time code capability.
To perform this function the TCI-50 reads externally applied SMPTE LTC or VITC time code and inserts the time and user bit values into the RS-422 data stream going to an edit controller or personal computer from VCR, VTR, disk, and solid state video record/playback devices that us RS-422 control.
The TCI-50 requires a SD NTSC RS-170A or PAL 625/50 analog composite video input with VITC for VITC time code operation and performs auto frame rated detection to insure correct 25 or 29.97 FPS operation.
The TCI-50 also has a "local" mode and can perform as an RS-422 playback device itself, responding as though it was the VCR providing the time code to the system.
- Responds to controller commands requesting VCR time code location, as well as cue, preroll, and other time code related commands.
- High speed reading capability reads VITC and LTC at various VCR search/wind speeds, depending on channel bandwidth and tape formats.
- LTC input source can be from an audio channel or a time code address track.
- Front panel switches are provided to select between VITC or LTC, as well as select "auto" mode which automatically switches to VITC as a backup when reading LTC.
- "Bypass" mode removes TCI-50 from the RS-422 data path.
- Local mode emulates a VTR to insert time code into the RS-422 data.
- Rugged aluminum desktop enclosure measures 1.75"high, 4.7"long, 3.8"wide.
- Also available in standard 19" Rackmount and Horita 7.5" "Short Rack" packages.